|Local Government addressing natural resources management
and environmental health issues in North Queensland
|HESROC - Health & Environment
Regional Organisation of Councils
HESROC exists under the authority of the North Queensland
Local Government Association and is made up of six Councils.
- Charters Towers
- Hinchinbrook, and
Dry Tropics Regional Local Government Network (NRM)
The objectives of (HESROC-NQ) are:
- To foster open discussion and promote active participation
by member local governments in dealing with common environmental
management and public health issues and constraints on a regional
basis; in the local government areas of Burdekin, Charters
Towers, Dalrymple, Hinchinbrook, Thuringowa and Townsville.
- To encourage responsible public health and environmental
management practices within its member local governments.
- To facilitate a coordinated approach to public health and
environmental management throughout its defined region.
- To promote the development of public health and environmental
management strategies and facilities on a regional basis.
- To develop networks for the receipt and dissemination of
information of public health and environmental management
- To form task-specific working groups to research public
health and environmental management issues relevant to the
region and prepare appropriate submissions and recommendations.
- To invite the participation of representatives of State
agencies and the private sector in discussion on relevant
To seek funding from State and Federal governments for appropriate
- To commission external organisations or persons to conduct
investigations and report on relevant issues.
Management & Biodiversity
- HESROC-NQ local governments initiated a Regional
Waste Management Strategy in response to the need to
have and develop an integrated approach to waste management
across the social-economic and environmental region of HESROC.
- Litter Strategies
- Environmental Protection Working Group (soon)
Townsville State of Environment Report