the benefits of the hybrid toilet
- The MicroFlush option uses only 300mls water for
- The NonFlush pedestal uses no water at all
- Delivers extremely high quality effluent
- Is capable of coping with over 100% overload situations
- Is easily installed in existing or new households that
are not able to connect to a sewer system
- The waste enters the primary tank which is filled with
water, where it is acted upon by bacteria and is broken down
to 5% of its original mass. Via displacement, the clarified
effluent then travels to the secondary treatment unit. On
completion of treatment (approx 120 days) the effluent is
then dispersed to ground via a gravel bed.
- The primary tank should only require sludge pump-out
every 4-6 years, dependent upon usage.
- No need for chemicals, only water, EMC and/or
Bicarbonate of Soda needs to be used to clean the pedestal.
Bokashi can be added to the primary tank if smells occur.
EMC & Bokashi are available from your local Tradelink
store or by contacting Gough’s.
- The Hybrid Toilet System was developed in the early
1990’s by Gough Plastics, James Cook University, Sustainable
Wastewater Technologies, NCD of Port Moresby and Townsville
- The system was developed to deliver high quality
effluent with low e-coli levels, requiring minimal
maintenance and have the option of using wind, solar or
mains power for ventilation.warranty
- The Hybrid Toilet System is covered by a full
- The electrical items are covered by a 6 month warranty
and there is a 5 year warranty on the materials and
- The warranty is limited to the use of the system under
normal operating conditions and commences on the date of
- The Hybrid Toilet System must be installed in accordance
with the appropriate Australian Standards and local
regulations. Please seek guidance from your local regulatory
- contact your local agent on 1800 308 302