- Wildlife habitat corridor: Riparian Corridor - major drainage line
- Contiguous Habitat Corridors
- Heritage Listing and Zoning: Currently unassigned
- Natural Habitat Quality: Natural Habitat
- Conservation value: Very High
- Contributes to the fish population of the catchment
- Large inland wetland complex within a unique landsystem
- Supports major populations of waterfowl and waterbirds
- One of the principal habitats of the rare cotton pygmy goose
- Good integrity of native aquatic wetland habitat
- Fulfils criteria of wetland of National Significance.
- Native aquatic macrophytes.
- Habitat connectivity to adjoining National Park.
USES AND ISSUES
- Recreational venue for birdwatching
- Currently extensively used by the Townsville Bird Observers
- Noxious weed control
- Private land
(not yet defined)
1. RIKES (1990) p35,36. 2. Wetlands of Townsville (1996) Report 96/28
p44. 3. Townsville - Thuringowa Strategy Plan (1996) - NCDP p55 Appendix